Hetain Patel and Amy May's hugely original collision of film, performance and live music
Pic ‘n‘ Mix
What is Pic 'n' Mix?
A Film Education and Media Learning programme for Tower Hamlets Primary Schools delivering curriculum objectives and exploring cross curricular links.
The programme contains five distinct components:
- Kick-started by a Film & Media CPD facilitated by Into Film and a networking events for teachers
- The FREE schools Into Film Festival at Rich Mix for school children (developing appreciation in the arts and visual literacy skills as audience members)
- Chocolate Films: Filmmakers in schools programme of filmmakers working directly with children and their teachers making films, offering them experience of working with professional artists at a high level.
- Develop pupil leadership in the Arts via the Behind the Scenes and Screens at Rich Mix Kids in Museums day involving pupils in a takeover of Rich Mix supporting Box Office, Cinema Technicians, Marketing and Front of House.
- ‘Tower Hamlets Stories’ Tower Hamlets Young Filmmaker Festival offers opportunities to showcase work for children, teachers and their families to celebrate and share in their achievements.
All the above elements are interlinked to create a coherent programme of work.
Want to get your school involved? Email Tracy.Barbe@richmix.org.uk