Hetain Patel and Amy May's hugely original collision of film, performance and live music
You are here
Rich Mix Ten Wallpaper Project: Call for Submissions
Please note: Applications are now closed.
In April 2016 Rich Mix turned 10. As part of our birthday celebrations we are commissioning a range of new work that is rooted in the East End, and curating a programme that explores the historical, political and artistic context in which Rich Mix was conceived and founded. We intend for our programme to celebrate the rich diversity of the local area and to examine how the arts is closely linked to political and social change. This programme will look back at the rich history of protest, dissent, diversity and creativity in the East End and we hope that it will allow artists to imagine the London of the next decade and beyond.
As a part of these celebrations, we hope to unearth the next generation of talent living and working locally.
We will commission three East End based artists or collectives to create new large-scale artworks for our cinema block, which will be ideally be hung as wallpapers outside each of our three screens, though these could also be large scale murals, which are painted directly onto the walls, or large scale vinyls, which are attached to the walls.
These new commissions will be unveiled in August 2016 as a part of our 10 Year Anniversary celebrations during our annual Rich Mix Youth Takeover Festival.
We are offering a £1000 fee for each commission. Your proposal must be an original idea, which has not yet been displayed.
If your work is chosen, you will benefit from:
- Inclusion in Rich Mix’s main artistic programme and your work seen by up to 10,000 people a month
- A £1000 fee
- Inclusion in Rich Mix marketing materials
- The walls measure 10m wide x 4m high
- Rich Mix will cover the production and printing costs of the wallpaper, vinyls or painting materials to a maximum of a further £1,000 per wall
- We would prefer to receive pattern repetition proposals though we can also accept one-image designs
- Applications are limited to residents of or people who work in the postcodes of E1, E2, E3, E5, E8, E9, E10, E11, E14, E15 and E17.
- We would look especially favourably upon proposals from young people aged 16 to 25 and at least one of the commissions will be awarded to an artist or collective in this age-range
The deadline for submissions is strictly 10am, Monday 16 May 2016.
Your submission will be reviewed by a professional panel headed by Oliver Carruthers – Rich Mix’s Head of Programming. He will be joined by a selection of leading arts practitioners from across London.
Please note that, although we are committed to reviewing every proposal, we cannot provide personal feedback for every submission received.