Donate, join or gift and you'll be supporting our core charitable purpose
You are here
Parents & Babies: England Is Mine
Monday 7 August
All orders will be subject to a fee of £1.50 except if your tickets are free or if you are a member
what's it all about?
An aspiring singer-songwriter (Jack Lowden) struggles to balance his dreams with the realities of family life in 1970s Manchester.
tell me more (don't worry, no spoilers)
An amusing and evocative portrait of singer-songwriter Steven Patrick Morrissey, focused on his young adult years in Manchester.
Set in the 1970s, before he went on to become lead singer of The Smiths, this is Morrissey (rising star Jack Lowden) brimming with youthful arrogance, but searching to find his place in the musical world.
As an aspiring singer-songwriter, he reluctantly takes a job at the local tax office to help his family, and constantly bunks off to spend time with London-bound local art student Linder (Jessica Brown Findlay).
Made with a wonderfully wry sense of humour, it presents a fish-out-of-water Morrissey, intent on railing on those around him, but also too shy and insecure at times to break from the mainstream.
Things you need to know:
If you choose an e-ticket when booking, the barcode on your smart phone is a ticket. Don't queue at Ground Floor Box Office, just follow the red line on the floor all the way to the cinema!
- If you don't have a smartphone, collect your ticket at Box Office or print your e-ticket and bring it with you
- There will be minimum of 15 minutes of trailers before the film begins
- It's £1 more for 3D, + £1 for glasses if needed. Please bring ID with you
Mondays mean £6 single tickets or 2 for £10. Select Rich Mix Six when booking online and the discount is applied once you've logged in
- Monday and Tuesday mean film for £5 for Tower Hamlets residents or Tower Hamlets employees. Simply show an Idea Store or Tower Hamlets library card when booking. Not available online
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays mean 2 for 1 tickets with Meerkat Movies. It's really easy to get a code, see comparethemarket.com for details
For Parents & Babies:
Parents can bring their babies to watch the latest releases without having to worry about the little ones making noise
We have created an environment where babies will not be disturbed while you sit back and enjoy your movie. There's space to park your buggy and baby-changing facilities on the first floor by Concessions
The volume will be lower and the lights will be raised throughout to create a more calming environment for our customers
Special offer - Grab a hot drink and pastry from our on-site Café, Indi-Go, for just £2.50 when you present a valid ticket to that day's Kids' Cine screening
You must be accompanied by a child under 2 years old to attend a Parent and Babies screening
This event is wheelchair accessible.