Artists, thinkers & curators respond to the theme of revolution...
You are here
Origins Festival: WHITE LIES
Saturday 17 June
All orders will be subject to a fee of £1.50 except if your tickets are free or if you are a member
What's it all about?
A medicine woman (Whirimako Black) enters the life of a rich lady who needs to hide a secret from her fellow settlers.
Tell me more (don't worry, no spoilers)
Based on a story by Witi Ihimaera, White Lies explores identity: those who deny it and those who strive to protect it.
Paraiti (Whirimako Black) is a medicine woman, the healer and midwife of her people. She believes in life, but new laws prohibit unlicensed healers.
On a rare trip to the city, she is approached by a wealthy woman's servant, who seeks her knowledge to hide a secret which could destroy her mistress’ position in European settler society.
The three women become players in a head-on clash of beliefs, deception and ultimate salvation.
Things you need to know:
If you choose an e-ticket when booking, the barcode on your smart phone is a ticket. Don't queue at Ground Floor Box Office, just follow the red line on the floor all the way to the cinema!
- If you don't have a smartphone, collect your ticket at Box Office or print your e-ticket and bring it with you
- There will be minimum of 15 minutes of trailers before the film begins
- All day, any film except Event Cinema is £5 tickets for 15-25s. It's £1 more for 3D, + £1 for glasses if needed. Please bring ID with you
Mondays mean £6 single tickets or 2 for £10. Select Rich Mix Six when booking online and the discount is applied once you've logged in
- Monday and Tuesday mean film for £5 for Tower Hamlets residents or Tower Hamlets employees. Simply show an Idea Store or Tower Hamlets library card when booking. Not available online
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays mean 2 for 1 tickets with Meerkat Movies. It's really easy to get a code, see comparethemarket.com for details
This event is not wheelchair accessible.