Check out the most exciting and innovative events coming up in our cinema.
You are here
Origins Festival: SPEAR
Sunday 18 June
All orders will be subject to a fee of £1.50 except if your tickets are free or if you are a member
What's it all about?
A young man (Waangenga Blanco) reconciles his people's ancient traditions with the modern world in this debut feature from Stephen Page, artistic director of Australia’s renowned Bangarra Dance Theatre.
Tell me more (don't worry, no spoilers)
This visually arresting film works through gesture and dance as it follows a young man named Djali (Waangenga Blanco) from the Australian outback to the streets of Sydney.
Djali has one quest: to understand what it means to be a man with ancient traditions in an urban, modern world.
Despite the fragmentation of Indigenous cultures, it is in the complex interconnection between places that Djali will ultimately discover his own power — a power linking past, present, and future.
Things you need to know:
If you choose an e-ticket when booking, the barcode on your smart phone is a ticket. Don't queue at Ground Floor Box Office, just follow the red line on the floor all the way to the cinema!
- If you don't have a smartphone, collect your ticket at Box Office or print your e-ticket and bring it with you
- There will be minimum of 15 minutes of trailers before the film begins
- All day, any film except Event Cinema is £5 tickets for 15-25s. It's £1 more for 3D, + £1 for glasses if needed. Please bring ID with you
Mondays mean £6 single tickets or 2 for £10. Select Rich Mix Six when booking online and the discount is applied once you've logged in
- Monday and Tuesday mean film for £5 for Tower Hamlets residents or Tower Hamlets employees. Simply show an Idea Store or Tower Hamlets library card when booking. Not available online
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays mean 2 for 1 tickets with Meerkat Movies. It's really easy to get a code, see comparethemarket.com for details
This event is wheelchair accessible.