Live concert recording of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds first show in 3 years.
You are here
EEFF2017: SHORTS - Memento
Saturday 17 June
All orders will be subject to a fee of £1.50 except if your tickets are free or if you are a member
What's it all about?
The remembrance of things past—or sometimes, the forgetting of them—is at the core of this touching selection of films.
UK | Lucky Kaye | 12 mins
In a synagogue hall in North-West London, a group of elderly people with early-onset dementia gather to find release. Using music and song, they try to reconnect with themselves.
India | Maaria Sayed | 14 mins
Refusing her father’s command to marry, Rukhsana leaves home and takes on a male identity. Years later she returns as Rehan—and is haunted by memories of her life as a woman.
UK | Pratyusha Gupta | 12 mins | @oystersshort
After her sister’s death, Sheena invites Javed, her sister’s ex, for dinner. The attraction is palpable. As their intimacy intensifies, so do Sheena’s memories—and her feelings of guilt and grief.
UK | Federico de Manachino | 12 mins
In a brothel where the women are customisable robots, Adam falls in love with one of them. Unfortunately, her memory is erased at the end of every session.
UK | Markus Meedt | 12 mins
Mimi, an aging cabaret performer, attempts to navigate her way through a once-familiar Soho that is becoming increasingly alien to her.
Green & Yellow
Trinidad and Tobago | Miquel Galofré | 20 mins
Sheldon “Sketch” Aberdeen and Shawn “Yankee” Brown, two men living on the streets of Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, relate their histories and how they came to be where they are today.
A Simple Fracture
UK | Jonny Phillips | 11 mins
While being interviewed for a television programme, an eminent neuroscientist falls down a rabbit hole of his own memory and rediscovers a traumatic and long-suppressed event from his childhood.
Things you need to know:
If you choose an e-ticket when booking, the barcode on your smart phone is a ticket. Don't queue at Ground Floor Box Office, just follow the red line on the floor all the way to the cinema!
- If you don't have a smartphone, collect your ticket at Box Office or print your e-ticket and bring it with you
- There will be minimum of 15 minutes of trailers before the film begins
- All day, any film except Event Cinema is £5 tickets for 15-25s. It's £1 more for 3D, + £1 for glasses if needed. Please bring ID with you
Mondays mean £6 single tickets or 2 for £10. Select Rich Mix Six when booking online and the discount is applied once you've logged in
- Monday and Tuesday mean film for £5 for Tower Hamlets residents or Tower Hamlets employees. Simply show an Idea Store or Tower Hamlets library card when booking. Not available online
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays mean 2 for 1 tickets with Meerkat Movies. It's really easy to get a code, see comparethemarket.com for details
This event is wheelchair accessible.