Donate, join or gift and you'll be supporting our core charitable purpose
You are here
EEFF2017: Shorts - Decisions, Decisions
Saturday 17 June
All orders will be subject to a fee of £1.50 except if your tickets are free or if you are a member
what's it all about?
Choose or lose. From a young woman’s decision between romantic love and familial duty, to one man choosing whether or not to make the ultimate sacrifice, these films reflect the decisions in life that we all must make.
USA | Melissa Perez | 19 mins
Ceci, 22, must choose between her romantic relationship with Grace and the demands of her religious family.
UK | Heidi Stokes | 4 mins
A stranger’s decision on a train to assist a veteran of the war in Afghanistan has a profound impact.
UK | Javid Zaidov | 15 mins
Antarctica, 1912. Oates, an injured and frostbitten member of Captain Scott’s expedition to the South Pole, has to decide whether to carry on or find another way to save the mission.
UK | Aiofe O’Kelly | 17 mins
Poland, 1944. As the Gestapo close in on a Polish resistance officer in hiding, his pregnant wife is faced with a choice between protecting her husband or their unborn child.
UK | Rory Gibson | 12 mins
Party to an assault in an anti-immigration protest, a teenage boy takes refuge with a Muslim shop owner, who must decide whether or not she will help him.
UK | Benjamin Bee | 14 mins
Daniel, an orthodox Jew, hasn’t seen his estranged twin Mordechai in years. When the brothers meet for their father’s funeral, something happens that leads Daniel to make a life-altering decision.
UK | Myriam Raja | 12 mins
Amongst the chaos and uncertainty of a mass refugee crisis in England, a young man must make a difficult choice when his need to survive takes precedence.
Stone on Stone
Iran | Mohsen Serajian and Marzieh Hakim | 8 mins
A woman is condemned to death by her family for committing adultery. Her husband’s friend, given the task of carrying out the murder, must decide what he will do.
Things you need to know:
If you choose an e-ticket when booking, the barcode on your smart phone is a ticket. Don't queue at Ground Floor Box Office, just follow the red line on the floor all the way to the cinema!
- If you don't have a smartphone, collect your ticket at Box Office or print your e-ticket and bring it with you
- There will be minimum of 15 minutes of trailers before the film begins
- All day, any film except Event Cinema is £5 tickets for 15-25s. It's £1 more for 3D, + £1 for glasses if needed. Please bring ID with you
Mondays mean £6 single tickets or 2 for £10. Select Rich Mix Six when booking online and the discount is applied once you've logged in
- Monday and Tuesday mean film for £5 for Tower Hamlets residents or Tower Hamlets employees. Simply show an Idea Store or Tower Hamlets library card when booking. Not available online
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays mean 2 for 1 tickets with Meerkat Movies. It's really easy to get a code, see comparethemarket.com for details
This event is wheelchair accessible.