Check out the most exciting and innovative events coming up in our cinema.
You are here
Dancer + satellite Q&A with Sergei Polunin
Thursday 2 March
All orders will be subject to a fee of £1.50 except if your tickets are free or if you are a member
WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?
Documentary filmmaker Steven Cantor traces the story of world-famous artist Sergei Polunin from his childhood in the Ukraine to his meteoric rise with the Royal Ballet. This screening will include a satellite broadcast Q&A with Polunin.
TELL ME MORE (DON'T WORRY, NO SPOILERS!)
Building on the viral success of Sergei Polunin's music video for Hozier's Take Me to Church (which generated over 10 Million YouTube views within two months), Steven Cantor paints a uniquely personal portrait of one of the world's most singular dancers.
Blessed with astonishing power and poise, Polunin took the world by storm and became the Royal Ballet’s youngest ever principal. At the peak of his success, aged 21, he walked away, driven to the brink of self-destruction by stardom.
Using archive footage and in-depth interviews, Cantor captures Sergei's life both on and off the stage as he follows his journey from training to be an Olympic gymnast at four to moving to gaining a reputation as ballet's number one bad boy.
This event includes a breath-taking live-brodcast performance of ‘Take Me To Church’ by ballet sensation and star of the film, Sergei Polunin. Following this performance, Polunin will also take part in a satellite Q&A about the film and his career.
Things you need to know:
If you choose an e-ticket when booking, the barcode on your smart phone is a ticket. Don't queue at Ground Floor Box Office, just follow the red line on the floor all the way to the cinema!
- If you don't have a smartphone, collect your ticket at Box Office or print your e-ticket and bring it with you
- There will be minimum of 15 minutes of trailers before the film begins
- All day, any film except Event Cinema is £5 tickets for 15-25s. It's £1 more for 3D, + £1 for glasses if needed. Please bring ID with you
Mondays mean £6 single tickets or 2 for £10. Select Rich Mix Six when booking online and the discount is applied once you've logged in
- Monday and Tuesday mean film for £5 for Tower Hamlets residents or Tower Hamlets employees. Simply show an Idea Store or Tower Hamlets library card when booking. Not available online
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays mean 2 for 1 tickets with Meerkat Movies. It's really easy to get a code, see comparethemarket.com for details
This event is wheelchair accessible.